Monday, September 8, 2008

A Day at Church and Riflery




Yesterday we went to church, and then had a picnic at a park. The girls loved swinging and climbing trees. Afterward we went home and took a nap. Randle loves naps on Sundays. We had dinner with our international staff then took them to shoot Randle's 22. Karim loved it. It was like watching a child in a candy shop. Natalie broke two of the chalk targets, and hit the sticker target twice. Harley refused to let Randle help too much, so she took the top off of two of the chalk targets. I hit the sticker target twice, and of course Randle got one bulls-eye and hit the target most of his other shots. We each shot five bullets at a time.


We bought these targets made out of chalk so that the girls could see them break when they shot them, and sticker targets that turn yellow where you shoot them. Natalie liked the sticker targets better. We had been there about an hour when Harley decided she had to go potty immediately. She told us she had to go so I told her to go to Sharples, the building that is close by and I would be right there. A friend of mine called so I went to get the phone and then to follow Harley. As I got to the trail I looked to the left, and there is Harley squatting in the the woods peeing all over her skirt. So we had to have a talk about why we don’t go to the bathroom outside. So this afternoon I found out the reason Harley decided she could potty outside is Randle took Natalie around to the same spot without me knowing. Wow the things my husband decides to teach my children. I can tell, even though she is only 3, she is going to be an adventure most of her life.


Today we took Natalie to an allergist to see if she has allergies that are triggering her asthma. They put between 20 and 30 dots on her back. Only one reacted as an allergy. Corn Pollen. This is pretty ironic considering Indiana is a major corn producer. In fact, the camp we live on is surrounded by corn fields. We even grew some in our garden this year. We adjusted her medication, and find out in two weeks if our new plan will work. I guess this will become a new argument for our family in Alabama for us to move back. Natalie also got to start piano lessons today. She is taking them from her schools music teacher. She is so excited. I think she will do well. She picks things up so quickly.

No comments: