Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A "Normal" Day

Today has been a "normal" day. I have been told, by Denise, that I do not have a normal life, even though I think I do. She says that Harley's behavior alone puts us outside the normal range.
This morning I took the girls to school. It was grandparents day so the grandparents came in after lunch for a special chapel service followed by cookies and a craft. Since our grandparents live in Alabama, Natalie sat with her friend Nevaeh and her grandmother. They seemed to have fun. Harley felt that this was a jip since she only goes half of the day. After lunch I came back to camp to pick up Adriana, and take her to Wal-Mart. Then we picked Natalie up, only to come home, shower, eat dinner, and then go out again for Book Buddies. It has been a day of back and forth for me.

Harley is playing Nickjr.com. This gives me a moment of peace and no fights over who has what bucket, or cup. I'm sure they will find something else to fight over soon enough.

We are getting ready for Harley's birthday party next weekend. She wants a puppy party. I wanted to make a puppy shaped cake, but she wants a rectangle cake with puppy toys on it. I don't think this is as much fun, but I'm pretty sure she just wants some of the My Littlest Pet Shop toys. (Pretty sneaky for an almost 4 year old.) I'm thinking of making cookies shaped like dog treats. We'll see how much time I have though.

Once I finally got dinner made the girls had 10 minutes to eat. They had to finish in the car, and we were still late to Book Buddies. Randle got to go with her. I took Natalie to play on the computer, because she finished her homework and piano practice. Hopefully the girls will get into bed at a decent hour. Tomorrow will be a late night because of Awanas.

We move out of our house tomorrow so that our bathroom floor can be torn out and the plumbing can be replaced. It will be so nice to be able to shower in our own home again. Going up to camp every night to shower had been miserable. We are hoping for 2 weeks, but it could go on as long as 4 weeks. We are moving into a one bedroom apartment. It will not be much fun. The girls will get the bedroom and Randle and I will sleep in what should be the living room. Please join us in prayer for the 2 weeks instead of 4 weeks.

No comments: