Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Rainy Weekend

It rained most of Saturday morning, and then it finally stopped at lunch time. My girls were so happy to finally get outside. We watched a group of youth leadership do High Ropes, and the girls ran around with one of the children with the group. We had a little break in the groups program so we got to spend some time with Randle.

The girls were playing house and arguing over who was going to be the mom. I told them to either figure it out, or play something else, but to stop arguing. The next thing I hear is Natalie saying, "You can be the mom, I don't want to be a mom." I asked her why and she informed me that children drive you nuts. I then asked where she heard that, and she tells me "you". I didn't remember saying this so I asked when. She says, "You didn't say we drive you nuts, you say we are going nuts." Don't you love kid logic!!!


This afternoon is Playhouse Disney Live. Harley got tickets for her birthday from my parents so I will be taking her at one o'clock. She is very excited. I know she will love it.



Natalie is going to stay with Randle. One good thing about living in the apartment is she can see Randle from the window, so she can stay at home some of the time and play. I doubt that she will want to though. She loves watching people do the High Ropes Course. She really wants to do it herself, but we either have to wait until she gets bigger or buy a harness that will fit her better. The ones camp has fit fine for the climbing wall, but there is too big a chance she will flip upside down on the course, so Randle wants her to have a full body harness. Her opinion is that I should go right out to Gander Mountain and buy one. Maybe for her birthday.

Harley loved Playhouse Disney.
She danced, sang, shout
ed, and jumped up and down almost the entire time. The only thing she did not enjoy was intermission. She didn't think they should take a break. So we played a game of finding people in certain color shirts. She was such a good girl about all of the little things they were selling. She only asked once. I did end up buying a cup, (I know I'm weak) I couldn't stand it. Apparently Natalie was a good girl as well. She behaved well with her daddy until the last 30 minutes or so, then she got bored. She also told people where Harley was and asked Harley all about the show, without whining or complaining about not getting to go. She is growing up so fast. I am very proud of both of their behavior today!

No comments: