Monday, November 30, 2009

Wow, what a weekend

Our Thanksgiving started on Wednesday with Shrimp and Grits with Celia, Charlie and Nana. It was great! The girls had a blast getting to see everyone, and playing with the dogs. We loved getting to visit with them. We haven't seen them since we moved down. We had a lot of fun watching Celia teach the girls to juggle with scarves. They did really well.

Then on Thursday we went to my mom's for Thanksgiving lunch. The girls had fun playing in the treehouse, and playing the Cookie game. After lunch everyone was looking at the sales ads getting ready for all the deals on Friday. My grandparents found a computer that they wanted and it was going to be about 1/2 off on Friday. We told them we would stay in line that night to get it for them. My mom said she would keep the girls, so Randle and I went home and got our jackets, some blankets and drinks. When we got home, we found a laptop for $200. So we called someone else and told her we would wait in line for her if she wanted to. So we then headed to Best Buy. We got there around 5 or 5:30 pm we guessed we were about 20th in line. There were three tents, and some others with chairs and sleeping bags. There was some drama at about 11 or 12, b/c people started hanging out for extended periods and people thought they were cutting in line. In the end Best Buy passed out tickets for the door busters around 4am and we got to go in at 5am and get everything we wanted. It was fun. The excitement of getting the deal and being there so early is great! It was a great blessing that Buffalo Wild Wings was open until around 2 or 2:30 so we had a potty. My mom and dad brought the girls up to visit for a little bit and brought us chairs and coffee. We were very grateful for that.

Then Randle took the girls up to his dad's while I shopped with my mom and got a nap. We closed out the weekend at church yesterday. What an amazing service. I have really been struggling with self confidence and a positive outlook lately. God reassured me tat He loves me and that I need to see myself though his eyes.

No comments: