Monday, November 2, 2009

Funny but Naughty

Today after school the girls and I ran into Leeds to look at a new thrift store. I have a couple of things I am trying to find, but don't want to spend a lot of money on. While we are in the store the girls notice a Leapster, and an L-Max. The Leapster had a game in it. Harley pulled the game out of it, and tried to hand it too me saying, "This is ours." I explained that by doing that she was not only lying to me, but trying to steal as well. I told her that I would talk to Randle and we would decide her punishment. I wanted it to be significant to make a point that this is unacceptable behavior. I called Randle and we decided to take away sweets for the week. No desert, Halloween candy, cookies, etc. I climbed into the van to tell Harley her punishment. Before I could even tell her, Natalie says, "Can I take her punishment?" I was amazed, this is probably the 3rd or 4th time Natalie has offered this. I said no. Harley's response, "Uggggggg, please?" So then she got in even more trouble. WOW. What a sweet thing for Natalie to offer, but come on Harley, really?

No comments: