Monday, October 5, 2009

A Fun Day With a Friend

Today I went over to a good friends house to help her work on a slide show. We started it last week, and got to finish it up today, except burning it to discs. I always have fun with her, and today was no exception. We started by moving all of the pics over from the file to Windows Movie Maker. We got all the pics on and two of three songs put on before I had to leave to pick Nat up from school. Right before I left to pick Nat up, she got completely lost in laughter. Harley had been drawing pictures. She had drawn one for Randle and wanted to put "I Love You! It is for you" I wrote I Love You in cursive just like she asked, but she wanted to write the rest of it herself. I of course had to tell her letter by letter what to write. So I have Harley to my right, saying, "Okay, Mommy, what letter now?" and my friend on my left saying,"What do I do next?" One right after the other. One question from Harley for each letter, and a question from, Denise, (Oops, did I put your name?) right after each time. Harley ends the session with her famous quote, "I'm hungry.", so Denise trying to be cute tugs my shirt and says, "I'm thirsty." So without missing a beat I reached behind me and grab Denise's cup and hand it to her. It was pretty funny. Denise was all but rolling in the floor. The funny part to me was that I didn't realize she was playing. I thought she was wanting to get up from the computer, (I had her blocked in) so I handed her the cup without realizing she was playing until afterwards when she was laughing so hard she couldn't breathe. I laughed until crying! Then we went to pick Natalie up and went back to Denise's house to finish up the slide show. The girls did great together. Of course anyone who spends a day with Denise know that along with the laughter comes probing questions to make you think later. So, now I'm off to do my homework, that Denise always feels the need to give! God has blessed my family with such great friends. I couldn't make it with out them!

No comments: