Sunday, October 5, 2008

Can We Have Family Time Please?

This week was a very busy week. Randle was shorthanded at work so I taught two classes on Tuesday and Wednesday, and taught classes all day on Thursday. That meant the kids had to stay with friends. Not to mention all of the normal stuff like dance on Tuesday, and AWANAS on Wednesday. Then Randle couldn't find anyone to come in and work Saturday, so I helped out on Saturday afternoon as well. We were setting up for the last two activities of the night (campfires) and one of the groups asked Randle to help out with songs. So I took Natalie up to shower her, and then I was going to go down stairs to help make smores and Hot Chocolate for the next group. Natale says, "I feel like I'm not getting as much attention from you and Daddy anymore." Talk about having your heart break. I knew that their behavior was showing that they were not getting what they expected, but to hear it come from her mouth about killed me. So we are going to go walk around the Apple Festival this afternoon. Tomorrow Randle is going to eat lunch with Natalie at school. Then hopefully tomorrow night we will get to play some board games. The season has ended for camp except for two days. Then we will be back to the slower paced life we enjoy as a family.

We went to the Apple Festival and the girls had a lot of fun. Afterward we went to Pizza Hut for dinner, which of course they loved. We have had a good week so far with a slower schedule and more family time, so I think the girls are happier. However, both of them have asked if Miss Peggy can pick them up again, or if they can go to after school care again. There is no winning with children I have decided. We are going to spend tonight riding bikes and baking our pumpkin seeds. I think they will love the gooey insides of the pumpkin.

No comments: