Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What to do if you catch on fire

Harley is in two day preschool. She loves her teacher, Mrs Hunter. Last week they were learning about fire safety. This included how to get out of a house if it is burning, what to do if you catch on fire, and even some ideas on where your family could meet. We have always told our girls to go to the Dining Hall because it is a building far enough away that they would be safe, and they could go inside. It also puts them in the middle of camp where anyone could find them. I had not told Harley what to do if she caught on fire, because I was afraid it would scare her. Mrs. Hunter told her class exactly what to do and they even practiced it. So last week we were all sitting on the couch talking about what they had learned that day. Natalie told us some facts about Moses and mammals, and Harley started talking about fire. I asked her "What do you do if you catch on fire?" She looked at me as if I had spoken Chinese. I asked again and received the same look. So I prompted "stop..........................drop....................... and" then she shouts "BURN" Randle and I started laughing, and Natalie shouts "NO Roll!" Harley didn't find the humor and just sat their with the same confused look on her face and then buried her face in Randle's chest. Oh, the stories my children give me to remember. I have been told that these stories are the only way to make it through the teen and young adult years. This is the reason I started blogging!

No comments: