Friday, December 4, 2009

"I feel like I'm 10" Natalie says

Today I had to take Natalie to the doctor for a cough. I try not to be THAT parent and run in every time they sneeze, but Nat's coughs have been an alarm for upcoming trouble since we have been down here. Anyway, while we were there Natalie wanted us to talk to the dr. about deodorant. She had asked a few days before, saying that some of her friends were wearing it. I had told her we could talk to the dr, because I didn't know how it could affect her. She wanted me to ask the dr, but I told her she had to ask. We talked about her cough and her asthma and the dr was leaving the room. I told Dr. McAfee that Natalie had one more thing she wanted to talk to her about. I was of course smiling so she knew something was up. Natalie got all embarrassed and was trying to cover her face. Before she could say anything, Harley blurts out, "She wants to know if she can wear deodorant." Dr. McAfee asked how old she was and if she has started smelling any thing when she was hot. Honestly she (Nat) doesn't smell that bad when she gets hot, but it is colder now. The dr. said she could start, but to put on just a little bit. Natalie was ecstatic. After we left the dr office she couldn't wait to go to WalMart and buy it. We stopped at the Mission Possible in Irondale, Sams (for lunch) , the Bank in Chelsea and finally Wal Mart. We went straight to the health and beauty department. After several minutes she decided against the sparkly Teen Spirit for the Degree Girl. She loved that it was a tropical smell. She couldn't wait to tell her Dad, and called him at work to tell him before we even left the store. While we were walking around she kept saying how she felt embarrassed, scared, excited all and the same time and didn't know how to describe it. She finally said, "I feel like I am 10 or something!" She then asked how I had felt when I first wore deodorant. I told her that I couldn't remember, but that I would blog this for her so that when she was a mommy, she could look it up and tell her daughter. After Randle got home she showed him her new deodorant and put some on. She was very cute. She is certainly growing up and loving every minute of it. I love her so much. Watching all of the changes take place is amazing. She is way too smart for her own good, and I can't wait to see what God is going to do with her life.

No comments: