Thursday, July 16, 2009

Random Short Stories From Our Daily Lives

We knew that we had a mouse because we were finding small holes that had been chewed into our bread and other packages. We put out poison and had hoped it would take care of them. I was in our bathroom and thought I heard something, but ignored it. The next thing I know I saw a little mouse head peak around the corner. I screamed before I knew what I was doing. Randle came and as he was coming it ran into a little closet. About the time he got to me it poked it head out of the closet and then ran into a box. I started screaming at Randle to pick up the box. It ran out before he could. It came straight at me so I jumped up on the toilet and it started tipping over. Randle had just fixed it and the glue and wax ring had apparently not completely adhered yet. The mouse got away and I had to go to bed wondering where it was. So then the next day we were getting ready for Wednesday night church and Randle turns on the light to his closet and finds the mouse again. But this time it was dead, laying right in the middle of his closet floor.


Tuesday night we went to a Rook tournament at Ekklessia Coffee House in Chelsea. We started out playing Rook, and ended up with Cranium. It was a lot of fun. Natalie and Harley made a new friend and played Hullabaloo for most of the night. As they were closing up shop we told the girls to pass out good bye hugs to Michael and Lisa. Natalie went right over and started hugging. Harley, being Harley, didn't want to give hugs so she leaned up against Michael. He picked her up and gave her the famous "upside down hug" that she gives both of my brothers. They pick her up hold her upside down and squeeze her. Well, tonight she left him with a little surprise. She pooted right in his face. Everyone in the coffee shop fell apart laughing. I have to say if anyone in our family deserved this it is Michael. He has pooted on most of us repeatedly.

Tonight we were having fried fish, hush puppies and squash casserole. I had gone to the store this afternoon and gotten everything except the crackers and ice. So I asked Randle to get the girls started on dinner and I would run to the gas station and get crackers and ice. Apparently Randle was fixing the girls plates and stuff and Harley says, "Daddy, Mommy bought your favorite ice cream." Randle very excitedly goes to the freezer looking for it. He asked the girls where I put it. (He LOVES ice cream. ) Harley then said, "I tricked you!" What 4 year old comes up with that on her own. I can't believe how mean she is sometimes. I have to admit, I laughed really hard, but then had to explain why and how mean that was. In the end she apologized, but WOW, what a personality we have on our hands.

No comments: