Monday, December 22, 2008

Santa?

We do not do Santa. We have several reasons, but that is not the point. We saw an old man who was in the mall who looked like Santa, and was handing out candy canes. He asked Harley if she had been good this year. She said, "Not always". He laughed and said "Honesty counts for something." He handed her a candy cane and said "I'll be watching you to see if you are good so I can bring you gifts on Christmas Eve. Harley puts her hands on her hips and said "I know you aren't Santa because he isn't real, but thank you for the candy cane." I couldn't believe she said all that, but at least she remembered her manners.

We are now in Alabama for Christmas break. We surprised Brenda at her family gathering, and surprised Anne by showing up to pick her up for the Zbindin gathering. We are staying on the North side of Birmingham until Christmas Eve when we will show up at my mother's Christmas Eve family thing. It has been hard, but we have managed to keep the phone away from the girls when my mom calls so that they won't spill the beans. It will be a busy visit filled with lots of friends and family. I'm sure Harley will give me plenty of stories before the visit is over.

1 comment:

Herrington Photography said...

Hey - just tried calling y'all and couldn't hardly hear Randle....but I think he knew it was me....not sure. If you can get to a land line call me at work (205) 298-3250 and we can catch up. Are you available tomorrow night to come hang out with us?